- After just one month of Melonie seeing my son I noticed an improvement….Here it is 3 months later and leaps and bounds have been made with him. He is able to express himself in a better fashion that isn’t hurtful to others, he doesn’t have as hard of a time with interacting with adults as he did. In fact, he iniates conversation with familiar adults now instead of hiding behind furniture. As a family, we are able to better help him with the tools Melonie has given us, which as an example can be as easy as deep breathing done correctly and as a parent it’s taught me to be mindful of how I speak to my children…that all children are different and some need a little extra/different parenting skills. Would recommend to anyone who needs counseling. -Jen B
_My daughter was diagnosed with ADHD and ODD, among other things. I honestly thought my daughter would never be happy in life. The melt-downs she experienced were severe and affected our entire family. My husband and I weren't sure what to do next. During my initial appointment with Melonie, she helped calm my concerns about my daughter's diagnosis and gave me hope for the future. Melonie worked with me and my husband in order to develop a comprehensive treatment plan that included individual and family therapy sessions. As a team, we established short-term and long-term goals.
Melonie met with us in the evenings at our home, which helped my daughter relax. My daughter stopped having melt-downs and is now able to express her feelings verbally. My family is in a much better place. I'd recommend Melonie to anyone who is need of therapy. - Kristen K.
- I had been through some traumatic experiences. I lived in a world I never wanted to be a part of. I thought I was trying to save my daughter and grandchildren, but along the way it took a huge toll on me. Without my family, my life had no meaning anymore. I was severely depressed, I knew it, I just didn't care anymore. I ended up in the hospital. I had a wonderful therapist who referred me to Melonie after I was discharged from the hospital. The first day I met Melonie, I was amazed at how easy it was to talk to her. I am not one to bear my soul, I always kept it inside, but she made it so easy to talk to her. She creates treatment plans with short and long term goals and expects you to reach them, but not without the help she provides. She gives you tools and resources to reach goals. She created a sheet with 101 coping skills on it, that I still use daily. Melonie is compassionate, kind, understanding , and she knows exactly what she is doing. She was instrumental in bringing me back to life. -Loretta M.
- Melonie came into my life at a great time of need for me. I felt very lost with big changes in my life. I really needed help building self confidence within myself and learning how to love me. She helped me more than I could have ever imagined. I felt an instant change in my ability to communicate. I felt more happy with myself, and I started to really appreciate the little things. I had always felt self- conscious , and she helped me learn to love myself everyday more and more. I learned how to love myself because of the services that she offered. I would recommend Melonie to anyone, and I can't thank her enough! -Holli J
-This has been the best and worst year of my entire life. I have had some very serious set backs this year, with my second dui, and my wife wanting to leave because she was tired of how angry I had become. Melonie absolutely and unequivocally transformed me into a better husband, father, and man. I cannot express how deeply grateful I am for what she did for myself and my family. One of the most important things she did for us was to lead us to Jesus through Lighthouse. I am forever changed having met her and will be forever grateful. I will pray for Melonie and her family in thanks to the father for giving her to my family.
_Working with Melonie has been wonderful. She has been honest, polite, and a great joy to be around. My teenage children really enjoyed her as well. I believe that Melonie guided me in the right direction to recovery, and I thank her for that. -Teresa C.
- I really liked working with Ms. Melonie, she was a big help, and I would recommend her to any family. _Robin E. (age 13)
- Melonie came into our life to help with my son's truancy and behaviors. We discovered that my son needed a drug intervention. As time went on, Melonie helped and guided me to understand and how to be the strong mother I never knew that I could be. She is understanding, and I will miss working with her. - -Beverly S.
- I am so thankful for Shoreline Counseling , and Melonie Truslow. She not only helped me with my daughter, she taught me how to be a better parent, and to actually listen to what my children were saying. And for that, we are forever changed. Myself, and my entire family are functioning at a much higher level than I expected. She is invested, understanding, knowledgeable and a true blessing to my family. Thank you Melonie, you are in our prayers, May God continue to bless your practice, your hard work, and all of your efforts. -Virginia I.
- I want to take a minute to show extreme gratitude towards Melonie Truslow. She was excellent to work with during a time when I thought my life was over. On August 28th, a hurricane hit and took half of my home, and both of my cars. We had to stay in a hotel for 10 days and use rental cars and travel back and for to the home because of the flooding and mold. Myself, my son and my three year grand-daughter became very ill. I made several calls for assistance, however it seemed like everyone was too busy to help me, until I called Melonie. She answered the phone and immediately came out to my home. My three year old granddaughter was so sick, she had to be hospitalized, and at that time. Melonie immediately called the housing authority and advocated for us, and two days later, housing was established. In my eyes, Melonie was the angel that God sent to us. We are so thankful that she was so caring and determined. I am 63 years old, and I have never had to reach out for help. I always worked for everything I had. So it was really hard to reach out, but she made me feel that there was nothing to be ashamed of, and she made me realize how lucky I am. Now, we are all doing well, and we have Melonie to thank. - Judy S.
- Melonie was a great help and I am thankful she helped my family and I would recommend her to anyone in need of help. Thank you so much Melonie for all you have done. - LaToya M.
- Ms. Melonie's techniques helped me solve my problems with anger and self esteem. She used a workbook with me, with lesson plans and certain activities. We did this activity where I found out what type of thinker I am. These lessons really helped me solve my problems. I no longer use my anger as my answer. I think about what I say, before I say it. I thank Ms. Melonie for helping me address these issues. - Jena K (age 12)
-I feel that the times that we have spent in marriage counseling has been very helpful. The tools that we have learned have been effective, and we intend to use them. I would highly recommend Shoreline Counseling Services for couples who need therapy.
- The time that my wife and I spent at the sessions have been very helpful. It helped me see my family again, and be the man my family deserves, and I do believe that my marriage will last, as long as I keep trying my best.